The Fulton, Montgomery, and Schoharie Counties Workforce Development Board (FMS WDB) is seeking an Executive Assistant that is professional, well-organized, tech-savvy, and interested in contributing to the betterment of our communities.
This position can be full or part-time with flexible hours and possible hybrid (onsite + remote) opportunities. Health and Dental Insurance is covered in full for full-time or prorated for part-time hours. Paid time off also included.
-Perform a variety of clerical and administrative tasks;
-Organize, schedule, and attend all board and committee meetings;
-Take meeting notes and draft meeting minutes;
-Maintain and organize all WDB records;
-Act as a liaison between the Workforce Development Board and various stakeholders;
-Other duties may be assigned depending on schedule.
Qualifications for this position include:
-Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
-Strong verbal and written communication skills;
-Proficiency with Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, and Excel with the enthusiasm and ability to learn new software and technology;
-High School Diploma and 2 years of related experience in business, government, or non-profit agency.
Wages dependent on education, experience and duties.
Opportunity for Advancement
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a resume and accompanying letter of interest with salary requirements to:
FMS Workforce Development Board
2620 RiverFront Center Amsterdam, NY 12010 or email@example.com
High School Equivalency Instructor needed with the FMS Private Industry Council, Inc.
Bachelor’s Degree in Education and 2 years’ experience working with youth ages 16-24. Work in
conjunction with the Senior Youth Employment Program Coordinator, reports directly to Director of
Program Services. Clean, valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required.
Skills / Abilities:
- Needs to have strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to motivate youth to continue their education and stressing the importance of education to their future.
- Adapting teaching methods and materials to meet the interests and learning styles of students.
- Proficient active listening skills to understand and adapt to students’ various learning needs.
- Knowledge of appropriate learning psychology, styles and strategies.
- Must have leadership skills and patience for working with students of all ages.
- Creativity assigning and grading various assessments for students, including tests, quizzes, essays and projects.
- Ability to work with groups or one-on-one when they need extra help or attention.
- Ability to make judgments based on experience including situational assessment.
- Ability to solve problems, make evaluations or reach conclusions based on subjective or objective
- Flexibility in scheduling to cover all offices as assigned.
- Advanced technology skills to track student attendance and grades and present creative lessons.
- Complete assessments of youth educational skills and prepare them for completing the GED exam and obtaining their Equivalency diploma.
- Establishing and enforcing rules of behavior for students in the classroom.
- Maintains caseload assigned by the Director of Program Services and/or Senior Youth Program
Coordinator. Covers all three county offices.
- Preparing individualized lessons, units and projects to complete learning objectives.
- Complete and maintain Client files.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Establishing and communicating clear objectives for lessons, units and projects.
- To coordinate student activities with Senior Youth Coordinator.
- To assist the students in obtaining additional assistance for course work.
- To explore the post-secondary options available for youth.
- Conduct orientation of youth including: PIC/WIOA regulations and program policy.
- Record students’ attendance.
- Attend and participate in bi-weekly case management meetings with the Senior Youth Coordinator.
Monday through Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.; 37.5 hours per week
Annual Salary: $36,000 / year plus full benefit package
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter and resume to:
Mary Hill, Program Director, FMS PIC, Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org