HELP WANTED: Tech-Savvy Executive Assistant
The Fulton, Montgomery, and Schoharie Counties Workforce Development Board (FMS WDB) is
seeking a full-time Executive Assistant to aid the Executive Director (ED) in the efficient
operation of the organization and carrying out the mission of the FMS WDB.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform a variety of clerical and administrative tasks;
- Organize, schedule, and attend all board and committee meetings
- Assist in meeting preparations (agendas, reminders, RSVPs, meeting materials, schedule meeting guests, room set up, refreshments, etc.),
- Take and draft meeting notes and minutes;
- Maintain and organize all WDB records including Minutes, Resolutions, and Reports;
- Maintain the procedures manual for WDB Administrative Offices;
- Coordinate the creation and ordering of marketing materials, announcements, and invitations, including social media and website postings;
- Assist in analyzing data, and developing monitoring tools and reports;
- Work collaboratively with the Fiscal Manager to data enter vouchers and report facility issues;
- Plan, coordinate, organize and help at various events, and celebrations;
- Receive and sort daily mail, filing documents accordingly;
- Maintain inventory of the company’s supplies;
- Act as a liaison between the Workforce Development Board and various stakeholders;
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to work independently or as part of a team;
- Ability to take initiative, anticipate needs and exercise sound judgment while also having the ability to take direction;
- Proven ability to build positive relationships with individuals at all levels; ▪ Proficiency with Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, and Excel with the enthusiasm and ability to learn new software;
- Comfortable and capable of working with technology, social media platforms, Zoom, WordPress, and more;
- Microsoft 365, website, social media, and/or board management software experience is a plus!
- Associate’s degree and a minimum of two years related experience in business, government, or non-profit agency, or High School Diploma and 4 years of related experience in business, government, or non-profit agency.
The Executive Assistant we are looking for is well organized, enthusiastic, tech-savvy, and interested in contributing to the betterment of our communities. If you have a sunny, “CAN DO” attitude and a good sense of humor, please apply today – we need you!
37.5 hours a week, competitive benefits
Salary $35,000 – $40,000 / year depending upon education and experience with opportunity for advancement.
To apply, send a Resume and Cover Letter to:
FMS Workforce Development Board
2620 RiverFront Center
Amsterdam, NY 12010
Application Deadline: Friday, November 4, 2022