We are currently in the process of updating the content on our website to reflect the most current information available. Thank you for your patience and understanding!
Author: FMS Workforce Solutions
What is Metrix Learning?
The Career Pathways program is delivered through the Metrix Learning platform. It is designed to help you evaluate your skills, get training, and search for jobs.
Acronyms are often used by public and private agencies as time-saving, shorthand ways to communicate lengthy titles or basic concepts. This glossary provides a quick reference to terms, acronyms and abbreviations commonly used by Workforce Solutions.
Click here for recent news and updates from FMS Workforce Solutions Career Centers.
New Yorkers don’t have to go without health coverage. We are here to help! NY State of Health is committed to ensuring access to affordable, quality health insurance for all New Yorkers so they can get the care they need. Click here for full details.
The Workforce Career Centers in Amsterdam and Cobleskill are open Monday through Friday 8:30a – 12:30p and 1:00p – 4:30p. The Workforce Career Center in Gloversville is open Wednesday and Thursday 8:30a – 12:30p and 1:00p – 4:30p.
No services relating to Unemployment Insurance (UI) claims. For assistance with Unemployment Insurance questions, please call 1‐888‐209‐8124.
If you are exhibiting any signs of sickness, you will be asked to wear a mask. If a customer is unwilling to wear a mask, they will be served remotely by telephone, email or another virtual means.
Click here to download the Mohawk Valley Regional Plan for July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2025.
Click here to download the local plan for July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2025.
Full or part-time GED Instructor / Tutor needed with the FMS Private Industry Council, Inc. Associate degree with 3 years’ experience working with youth ages 16-24. Work in conjunction with the Senior Youth Employment Program Coordinator. Clean, valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required.
-Needs to have strong communication and organizational skills.
-Ability to motivate youth to continue their education and stress the importance of education to their future.
-Adapting teaching methods and materials to meet the interests and learning styles of students.
-Proficient active listening skills to understand and adapt to students’ various learning needs.
-Knowledge of appropriate learning psychology, styles and strategies.
-Must have leadership skills and patience for working with students of all ages.
-Creativity assigning and grading various assessments for students, including tests, quizzes, essays and projects.
-Ability to work with groups or one-on-one when they need extra help or attention.
-Ability to make judgments based on experience including situational assessment.
– Ability to solve problems, make evaluations or reach conclusions based on subjective or objective criteria.
-Flexibility in scheduling to cover all offices as assigned.
-Advanced technology skills to track student attendance and grades and present creative lessons.
-Complete assessments of youth educational skills and prepare them for completing the GED exam.
-Establishing and enforcing rules of behavior for students in the classroom.
-Maintains caseload assigned by the Senior Youth Program Coordinator.
-Preparing individualized lessons, units and projects to complete learning objectives.
-Complete and maintain Client files.
-Establishing and communicating clear objectives for lessons, units and projects.
-To coordinate student activities with Senior Youth Coordinator.
-To assist the students in obtaining additional assistance for course work.
-To explore the post-secondary options available for youth.
-Conduct orientation of youth including: PIC/WIOA regulations and program policy.
-Record students’ attendance.
-Attend and participate in bi-weekly case management meetings with the Senior Youth Coordinator. Weekdays Wage negotiable.
Job Location: Amsterdam, Gloversville, Cobleskill, New York
Benefits: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vacation, Sick Leave, Holidays, Retirement/Pension
Duration: Full Time, Regular
Workdays: Monday thru Friday; 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Email or call Mary Hill, Program Director, FMS PIC, Inc. for more details: firstname.lastname@example.org OR 518-842-3676 Ext. 3027
The Fulton, Montgomery, and Schoharie Counties Workforce Development Board (FMS WDB) is
seeking a full-time Executive Assistant to aid the Executive Director (ED) in the efficient
operation of the organization and carrying out the mission of the FMS WDB.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform a variety of clerical and administrative tasks;
- Organize, schedule, and attend all board and committee meetings
- Assist in meeting preparations (agendas, reminders, RSVPs, meeting materials, schedule meeting guests, room set up, refreshments, etc.),
- Take and draft meeting notes and minutes;
- Maintain and organize all WDB records including Minutes, Resolutions, and Reports;
- Maintain the procedures manual for WDB Administrative Offices;
- Coordinate the creation and ordering of marketing materials, announcements, and invitations, including social media and website postings;
- Assist in analyzing data, and developing monitoring tools and reports;
- Work collaboratively with the Fiscal Manager to data enter vouchers and report facility issues;
- Plan, coordinate, organize and help at various events, and celebrations;
- Receive and sort daily mail, filing documents accordingly;
- Maintain inventory of the company’s supplies;
- Act as a liaison between the Workforce Development Board and various stakeholders;
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to work independently or as part of a team;
- Ability to take initiative, anticipate needs and exercise sound judgment while also having the ability to take direction;
- Proven ability to build positive relationships with individuals at all levels; ▪ Proficiency with Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, and Excel with the enthusiasm and ability to learn new software;
- Comfortable and capable of working with technology, social media platforms, Zoom, WordPress, and more;
- Microsoft 365, website, social media, and/or board management software experience is a plus!
- Associate’s degree and a minimum of two years related experience in business, government, or non-profit agency, or High School Diploma and 4 years of related experience in business, government, or non-profit agency.
The Executive Assistant we are looking for is well organized, enthusiastic, tech-savvy, and interested in contributing to the betterment of our communities. If you have a sunny, “CAN DO” attitude and a good sense of humor, please apply today – we need you!
37.5 hours a week, competitive benefits
Salary $35,000 – $40,000 / year depending upon education and experience with opportunity for advancement.
To apply, send a Resume and Cover Letter to:
FMS Workforce Development Board
2620 RiverFront Center
Amsterdam, NY 12010
Application Deadline: Friday, November 4, 2022