Click here to view current job openings in New York’s 10 regional economies. New Yorkers can view the region they live in, see which industries are growing and find out what jobs are available in that economic sector. Job opening numbers are updated frequently.
High School Equivalency Instructor needed with the FMS Private Industry Council, Inc.
Bachelor’s Degree in Education and 2 years’ experience working with youth ages 16-24. Work in
conjunction with the Senior Youth Employment Program Coordinator, reports directly to Director of
Program Services. Clean, valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required.
Skills / Abilities:
- Needs to have strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to motivate youth to continue their education and stressing the importance of education to their future.
- Adapting teaching methods and materials to meet the interests and learning styles of students.
- Proficient active listening skills to understand and adapt to students’ various learning needs.
- Knowledge of appropriate learning psychology, styles and strategies.
- Must have leadership skills and patience for working with students of all ages.
- Creativity assigning and grading various assessments for students, including tests, quizzes, essays and projects.
- Ability to work with groups or one-on-one when they need extra help or attention.
- Ability to make judgments based on experience including situational assessment.
- Ability to solve problems, make evaluations or reach conclusions based on subjective or objective
- Flexibility in scheduling to cover all offices as assigned.
- Advanced technology skills to track student attendance and grades and present creative lessons.
- Complete assessments of youth educational skills and prepare them for completing the GED exam and obtaining their Equivalency diploma.
- Establishing and enforcing rules of behavior for students in the classroom.
- Maintains caseload assigned by the Director of Program Services and/or Senior Youth Program
Coordinator. Covers all three county offices.
- Preparing individualized lessons, units and projects to complete learning objectives.
- Complete and maintain Client files.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Establishing and communicating clear objectives for lessons, units and projects.
- To coordinate student activities with Senior Youth Coordinator.
- To assist the students in obtaining additional assistance for course work.
- To explore the post-secondary options available for youth.
- Conduct orientation of youth including: PIC/WIOA regulations and program policy.
- Record students’ attendance.
- Attend and participate in bi-weekly case management meetings with the Senior Youth Coordinator.
Monday through Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.; 37.5 hours per week
Annual Salary: $36,000 / year plus full benefit package
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter and resume to:
Mary Hill, Program Director, FMS PIC, Inc. at email@example.com
The Fulton, Montgomery, and Schoharie Counties Workforce Development Board (FMS WDB) is
seeking a full-time Executive Assistant to aid the Executive Director (ED) in the efficient
operation of the organization and carrying out the mission of the FMS WDB.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform a variety of clerical and administrative tasks;
- Organize, schedule, and attend all board and committee meetings
- Assist in meeting preparations (agendas, reminders, RSVPs, meeting materials, schedule meeting guests, room set up, refreshments, etc.),
- Take and draft meeting notes and minutes;
- Maintain and organize all WDB records including Minutes, Resolutions, and Reports;
- Maintain the procedures manual for WDB Administrative Offices;
- Coordinate the creation and ordering of marketing materials, announcements, and invitations, including social media and website postings;
- Assist in analyzing data, and developing monitoring tools and reports;
- Work collaboratively with the Fiscal Manager to data enter vouchers and report facility issues;
- Plan, coordinate, organize and help at various events, and celebrations;
- Receive and sort daily mail, filing documents accordingly;
- Maintain inventory of the company’s supplies;
- Act as a liaison between the Workforce Development Board and various stakeholders;
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to work independently or as part of a team;
- Ability to take initiative, anticipate needs and exercise sound judgment while also having the ability to take direction;
- Proven ability to build positive relationships with individuals at all levels; ▪ Proficiency with Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, and Excel with the enthusiasm and ability to learn new software;
- Comfortable and capable of working with technology, social media platforms, Zoom, WordPress, and more;
- Microsoft 365, website, social media, and/or board management software experience is a plus!
- Associate’s degree and a minimum of two years related experience in business, government, or non-profit agency, or High School Diploma and 4 years of related experience in business, government, or non-profit agency.
The Executive Assistant we are looking for is well organized, enthusiastic, tech-savvy, and interested in contributing to the betterment of our communities. If you have a sunny, “CAN DO” attitude and a good sense of humor, please apply today – we need you!
37.5 hours a week, competitive benefits
Salary $35,000 – $40,000 / year depending upon education and experience with opportunity for advancement.
To apply, send a Resume and Cover Letter to:
FMS Workforce Development Board
2620 RiverFront Center
Amsterdam, NY 12010
Application Deadline: Friday, November 4, 2022